I suggest you ...

Make it that Gps is only used when using app. Not always May help with battery life

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminAdam MacDonald (Admin, Foursum Golf) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Jared and Anonymous,

This is coming in our next App Store submission. Just want to make sure too that you guys are aware of something though. The "Always on" is just the permission that we have, not how we're actually using your GPS. Foursum only ever pulls your location on a few screens in our app. (GPS & Course Search)

The reason we request "Always" is because we use a geo-fence for the home course reminder. Outside of these scenarios we don't hit your location at all. If you're noticing a drain on your battery it's likely another application that's the cause.

• Jared commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! My friends all have the same complaint: it's a huge battery drain to have GPS always enabled. This only affects iPhone, from what I understand.

Obviously GPS is needed while the app is running, but GPS continues to be accessed even when the app is closed via Task Manager. I find myself having to disable GPS access manually each time I close Foursum.

Most iPhone apps that use GPS have three options: "Always on", "Only while app is running" and "Always off". Unfortunately Foursum has only "Always on" and "Always off". Can you please add the option? I will gladly pay for your app, as I'm sure will everyone else, if you include this one feature.

Thank you :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base